Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Nursery Reveal

It's finally finished!
Crib: Baby Mod brand
Mobile: Made by my Mom and Aunt
Quilt: Made by my Mom
Crib skit: Made it myself
**Bumper pads are off the bed until Baby C is a bit older, but my Mom made them as well and they  are the same fabric as the crib skirt.
Side table:  Was previously painted purple and was in our basement living room- just needed a new coat of paint.
Lamp: Ikea
Picture: Made it myself (more below)
Chair: Received this as a gift for my college graduation.  It's a refurbished rocking chair.
Rug: Hood's (more below)


Changing table: Purchased at a flea market and refinished by my aunt as a gift.
Fabric in frames: Old frames repainted and I wrapped cardboard with colorful fabrics to fill them.
3-D elephant: Gift
Large diaper pin: Rather than spending over $50 on a new one, we found this one at a flea market for 1/2 the price.
Soft baskets hanging from pin: Ikea







Bookcase: Gift from my Mother-in-Law, from Land of Nod
Picture above bookcase: Made by my Mom (more below)
Books: From all our wonderful shower guests




Rug: Carpet squares from Hood's in STL.  We cut the yellow squares in half to change up the pattern a bit.  Love it.
My mom made this very cute canvas.  It's actually pretty simple.   All you need to do is paint the sides of  a canvas from a craft store, find a cute paper and modge podge it on the front of the canvas.  I love all the animal faces on this one.
Another Modge Podge project.  I got this idea from Pinterest.  Simply find a pattern and cut out the pieces in various colorful fabrics.  Paint a canvas.  In this case I decided to buy one long canvas and separate it into 3 parts by painting them alternating colors.  Then, just modge podge your little scene on the canvas.
Perfect spot for all our colorful, homemade burp clothes.
My Mom and Aunt made this adorable mobile.  It is a large lamp shade wrapped in a yellow raw silk  with a  decorative , white trim.  Then add circles of starched, raw silk that are sewn together and then attached to the wire at the top of the lamp shade.  As Baby C grows we can simply cut off the circles that hang too low.

This was such a fun project.  There's still a few things I'd like to do in the room: new curtains (we ran into a hiccup with some we'd bought to hang in the nursery- concrete walls supported by re-bar can be a bear for hanging stuff) and something gender specific to put up behind the crib (maybe Baby's first initial?).  I'm so glad and shocked that we've finally finished this little baby oasis.  It's such a relaxing place to sit and read to the baby right now.  I'm sure soon enough it will be a little bit different, but still very perfect for our little one.

1 comment:

  1. I love the giant safety pin! Looks great, I am feeling the whole MOD look.

    ReplyDelete