Sunday, March 13, 2011

Goodbye Vanilla

I'm finally posting pictures of our painted dining room.  There are still other things I can't wait to do to the room, mainly hang some art and paint the china cabinet.  I'm trying to do things in baby steps, else I'll drive myself crazy with too many projects and my husband will wonder where all our money went.

The "Vanilla" before:


It was so BLAH.  I'm glad we were able to liven it up with a richer color.  It feels so much cozier now and the black table and hopefully-soon-to-be-not-black cabinet aren't such a stark contrast to the walls.





The choices:
We always paint or favorite samples on the walls throughout the room before picking our final color, because they look totally different from the swatches.  Thank God we did here, else our room would have turned out darker and a more blue or brown color than we wanted.  1536 it is!

The AFTER:

Of course my picture taking skills don't do it justice, as I don't know how to make the lighting better with this my husband's overcomplicated camera, but we love it.  The blinds were a much needed update, as the old clothes ones that were in when the bought the house were not cutting it.  And I'm so glad I found these handles at Hobby Lobby.  Together they were the price of one Anthropologie knob, and so cute.  Once we dress the room up a bit with some trimmings and pops of color, It will be so much more welcoming than it's previous self.


As for my wall art projects I mentioned before...they are coming along nicely.  Hope to post pictures of the finished products soon.  This is my craft table of things to do from last weekend...that obviously didn't get done.





1 comment:

  1. It looks great, Courtney. We can't wait to see it in person. Julie

    ReplyDelete