Friday, February 4, 2011

Our weekend out

I was SO looking forward to the return of our weekly wine class last night, but of course the weather didn't cooperate and we decided to postpone until next week.  I even read ahead for this class and was looking forward to tasting some delicious Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Burgundy region of France.  The good news is that we've been planning a happy hour for this evening with friends at a local wine bar I've never been to- so I'm VERY happy I'm able to get my fix of wine, great friends and some time out of the house all in one night!  Plus, it's in the 40's here in Denver today- finally back to normal, for a couple days at least.
And then, of course, Sunday is a huge excuse to sit around the TV with friends, eating junk food and drinking a few cool beverages. And if the snow decides to come in before the game, it won't bother us because we'll only be walking a couple blocks to our friends house.  So glad we have friends close by.  My contribution to the party: pigs in a blanket and light chocolate- chunk brownines.
Thank God for Martha's easy, yummy recipes!

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Super Bowl Weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're able to get out tonight--sounds fun. Your brownies look yummy. I made a chocolate pie this afternoon. Something about being snowed-in makes you want to bake and cook more. I am about 1/2 way through another of the books by the same author as Shadow Wife. It is good, but maybe a little too much like the first one. Have fun tonight. Love U both..

    ReplyDelete