Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random thoughts by Courtney Clapp

I hope you all can appreciate this title- if you watched SNL in the 90's you probably know where it comes from.  ANYWAY- I've been super busy with work this week and haven't had a chance to blog much, so I figured I'd drop in some of my recent random thoughts.

Who could live without Cinnamon?
Honestly who doesn't like cinnamon?  Now that the cleanse is complete, I've been using this in everything- it's my new favorite coffee additive (hello it's better than real or fake sugar), it's great on oatmeal and I made some delicious Mexican Hot Chocolate this week, so I'm all about this stuff.

Is it just me or is every famous person pregnant or new parents?
Maybe it seems that way to me because People is one of my iGoogle page feeds so I know all Celebrity News as soon as it breaks, but I swear everytime I turn around some new famous person had a kid or is getting ready to....is this just a fad?  Let's see...Kate Hudson, Owen Wilson, John Travolta, Penelope Cruz, Jewel, Mariah Carey and Ivanka Trump just to name a few.  And Vince Vaughn had a baby??? When did he even get married?!  I thought he just broke up with Jennifer Anniston.


What will happen to "The Office" after Steve Carell leaves?
This has been a staple show for me over the last few years.  I often find myself laughing outloud (really loud) to the dry humor that makes this show SO entertaining.  Plus this is the only show I like that Adam will watch with me.
Now that Carell's final season with the show is coming to an end, I'm curious where it will go and I'm praying that Will Ferrell doesn't take it over.  I mean I do love Will, but I'm just not convinced he could fill the shoes of Michael Scott.


Who's idea was NKOTBSB?
I laugh out loud just thinking of it.  Does anyone even know what this stands for?

NKOTB(New Kids on the Block)+BSB (Backstreet Boys)
The two are combining for a concert that will change the lives of all 30 and 20 somethings that grew up loving these two groups.  I guess I'm at just the right age to be totally uninterested in this.  I do remember hearing friends buying NKOTB sleeping bags, but that was the extent of it.

Why doesn't Denver get snow that shuts down the entire city?
I turn on the news every morning only to hear that the Mid-West or Northeast is getting the snowstorm of the century.  Ummm I could use a snow day too!  OK, maybe I shouldn't complain too much, temps in the 50's is nothing to turn up your nose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment